The village of Castello, in Ladin “Ciastel”, is located along the SS 48 of Dolomiti, towards the Falzarego Pass. The name refers to the Andraz castle situated near the village.
Castello is 13,2 km from Pieve di Livinallongo at an altitude of 1747 metres. These aspects have led to the progressive displacement of some inhabitants downstream.
Castello, was completely destroyed during the First World War and later rebuilt.
The area around the settlement is still grazed today.