The village of Soraruaz, in Ladin “Souraruac”, includes several other minority hamlet and is located upstream the Cordevole stream.
It runs long what was in the past the main comunication route, before the construction of the SS48 Dolomiti Road. The proximity to the main communication route and the presence of several watercourses meant that in the past, various craft activities were developed, such as sawmills, forges, mills and even a hydroelectric power station dating back to 1912.
The hamlet is very densely inhabited, today counting 188 inhabitants.
Vallazza, in Ladin “Valacia” is located on the valley floor and includes only three houses with their barns. The village was often subject to avalanches in the past, in fact, in 1794, one of them completely destroyed the village. This persistent problem of avalanches, which made difficult and dangerous to get to Pieve, and the increasing use of the SS48 Dolomiti Road, has progressively isolated the village which is now is uninhabitated.