Why spend Carnival in the Arabba Dolomites? Because in the mountains Carnival means skiing, tasting and also walking on snowy paths. Here are some suggestions for your activities!
- After a hearty breakfast, whether it is made with fragrant croissants, chocolatey biscuits or cereals sunk in wholegrain yoghurt, the perfectly groomed ski slopes are waiting you for a long day of thrilling descents, cheering up those who decide to dress up on the slopes of the Dolomiti Superski district.
- A long walk on the winter trails, travelling through the mountain areas at a more leisurely pace, to fully enjoy the white spectacle of the Dolomites. See our winter trails here.
- Enjoy a hot cup of tea in the centre of Arabba, listening to the bells of the Church of Saints Peter and Paul Apostles tolling every hour of the day.
- After dinner, take a walk to find a place away from all sources of light, where the stars of the night sky turn into confetti. We recommend the lay-by on the right-hand side of the road that climbs up to the hamlet of Varda, along the Campolongo Pass, or from the hamlet of Gliera along a little road that leads to a little house on the slopes. We recommend shoes with good winter grip. Check the weather forecast for the evening here.
- Discover the Instagrammable and scenic village of Ornella. What better thing than to see places that are still undiscovered? The village of Ornella can be reached on foot from the hamlet of San Giovanni, where there is a car park, or you can reach it directly by car, leaving it at the junction for Pe d'Ornella and continuing on foot along the forest road.
Don't forget to tag @arabba_dolomites
and the hashtags #arabba #fodom #turismo
, to involve us in your wonderful days of relaxation.
Happy carnival holidays from the Arabba Fodom Tourism Team!